You are here:

What is GAP Insurance?

If your car is stolen or damaged beyond repair, GAP insurance pays for the difference between the settlement from your car insurance and, one of the following:

  • The value of your car when you take out the GAP insurance
  • The value of your car according to your purchase invoice
  • The cost of replacing your vehicle

Why would you possibly need GAP insurance? We explain in our Who needs GAP? section.

There are lots of different GAP Insurance providers, most of whom offer 3 different types of GAP insurance! It can seem quite confusing:

  • Return to value GAP insurance
  • Return to invoice GAP insurance
  • Replacement vehicle insurance

It depends on your circumstances, and your car, as to which policy will be available.